Financial Analyst Intern
HealthPlan Data Solutions
The Financial Analyst Intern will analyze financial statements and disclosures of target organizations (companies, agencies, associations) for the purpose of identifying key metrics and detailed understanding of business models. This will include analysis of publicly available information (10k, 10q, annual reports, Form 990s, press releases, etc.).
The Financial Analyst Internship role provides insight into the pharmacy distribution industry, pharmacy payment integrity marketplace, and the SaaS selling landscape. The Financial Analyst Intern role is an outstanding opportunity to apply your technical education and showcase your skills. As an intern, you will gain insight to corporate finance and have the chance to contribute to the overall success of HealthPlan Data Solutions, Inc. Internship projects will have real impact on real business issues and will include interaction with HDS senior leadership. Your advanced research skills, strong Microsoft Excel skills, and presentation skills are required to be successful in this position.
What you will do:
· Obtain and consolidate data from multiple sources to analyze and communicate opportunities for direct sales or selling through partners or complementary organizations.
· Turn data into actionable information for the sales and leadership teams
· Create and deliver presentations to the leadership teams
· Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and management reports on request
· Assist in preparation of financial analysis and modeling for new business development
What you bring:
· Pursuing a Bachelors’ degree in Business specifically with an emphasis in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
· Motivated and driven with a high degree of professionalism
· Strong analytical skills with strong skills in Microsoft Excel is required
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Ability to work effectively within a team environment
· Comfortable learning new technology, concepts, and terminology