Investment Funds Fellowship
Rev1 Ventures is committed to helping entrepreneurs, corporate innovators and Research Institutions build great companies by connecting startups to industry for the benefit of both. We provide a unique blend of resources – direct investment and services, connections and programs – to turn innovative ideas into successful businesses and partnerships. Rev1 has been recognized as among the most active seed investors in the U.S. by PitchBook. Six core values drive all of Rev1’s work: Entrepreneur Focused, Ingrained Inclusion, Integrity, Collaboration, Persistent Curiosity, and Impact Driven.
The Investment Funds Fellow is a fantastic opportunity to receive a complete overview of the venture capital business. The Fellow will source, analyze, and execute investments in concept, seed, and early stage companies. Rev1 has ~$120 million of capital under management across several seed and early stage venture funds primarily targeting Digital health, Healthcare IT, HR tech, Insurtech, Fintech, Data analytics, Cybersecurity, and other vertical enterprise SaaS. We also invest in spinout or companies affiliated with our Innovation Partners The Ohio State University, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and OhioHealth in the Life sciences (including therapeutics, medical devices and diagnostics), Advanced materials, Alternative energy, and Sensors and automation technologies. This position reports to the Managing Director, Investment Funds.
What You’ll Do:
- Source investment opportunities in sectors of interest to Rev1 Ventures. Evaluate, appropriately document, and report on new investment opportunities to meet deal flow objectives. Participate on first calls with entrepreneurs and maintain investment pipelines. •Assist in due diligence processes to evaluate technology, products, business, and financial plans; perform customer / market assessments and competitive analyses, Support project teams to prepare investment memoranda.
- Help maintain and manage database of venture capital and strategic partner contacts. Support efforts to build relationships with venture funds, strategic investors, angel investors, and other key investment stakeholders. Participate on networking calls with targeted co- and follow-on investors to source syndicate partners and identify new deal flow.
- Generate required internal approval forms and documentation necessary for investment related activities, including disbursements of funds, in accordance with Rev1 Ventures program policies and procedures, fund management agreements, and other similar stakeholder agreements.
- Assist Rev1 Ventures’ Market Intelligence and Data Analytics team in the maintenance and management of third-party databases (e.g. Pitchbook, Crunchbase, CB Insights).
- This is a paid, two-year fellowship that provides potential opportunities for growth within Rev1 or among our engaged startup company clients.
What You’ll Bring:
- •Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, sciences, engineering, or a related field.
- Experience: Prior internship in early-stage investment and/or experience in startups, accelerators, scouting, angel groups, venture research, venture development, technology commercialization, corporate development, corporate finance, M&A, and/or investment management experience.
- Project Management: Detail-oriented; able to manage competing priorities across a variety of tasks, timelines, and stakeholders. Strong work ethic.
- Strong Communication: Highly professional at all times with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, exercising a high degree of confidentiality, poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Data Management: Rev1 is a data-driven organization, and overall team success requires individual responsibility to identify, document, and report consistently and accurately on objectives and outcomes.
- Team-Oriented: Comfort working on a diverse team: we believe that gender, racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity are key elements in startup success. We foster this belief on our own team.
What’s in it for you?
- A comprehensive overview and experience in the world of venture capital
- Access to exciting tech startups and trends in the national arena
- Competitive compensation package, including performance-based incentives
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) matching
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
Schedule: Full-time Location: Rev1 Ventures – Columbus, Ohio
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and able to work 8:00am-5:00pm Monday – Friday with some night and weekend availability to attend related events. COVID-19 Vaccinations are mandatory and are a condition of employment at Rev 1 Ventures. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
As an equal opportunity employer, Rev1 Ventures does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
To apply, please complete the Culture Index survey, copy/paste the link below to get started. https://portal.cultureindex.com/public/survey/general/B11RHr68ez Also, submit your cover letter and resume to Dionnica Gaston: email@example.com