Investments Funds Analyst
About Rev1 Ventures Rev1 Ventures is the investor startup studio that combines capital and strategic services to help startups scale and corporates innovate. Based in the Midwest, and in a top city for scaling startups, Rev1 aligns innovators and founders with corporate and research partners to access customers and markets, helping entrepreneurs build great companies. Rev1 has invested in more than 140 companies and is recognized among the most active seed investors in the U.S. by PitchBook. Six core values drive all of Rev1’s work: Entrepreneur Focused, Ingrained Inclusion, Integrity, Collaboration, Persistent Curiosity, and Impact Driven.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Investment Funds, the Analyst – Investment Funds is a critical member of a team to work across Rev1 Ventures investment funds to help analyze, execute, and manage investments in concept, seed, and early stage companies across several venture capital funds. Rev1 Ventures invests across a broad range of technology sectors, including enterprise software and enterprise tech-enabled services across healthcare IT and digital health, HR tech and the future of work, insurtech, fintech, and life sciences companies commercializing technologies. A significant percentage of our investment activity is focused on companies commercializing technologies developed at innovation partners such as; The Ohio State University and Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
What You’ll Do:
• Work on identifying companies in sectors of interest to Rev1 Ventures, researching, and outreach to such companies. Help attract new, high quality investment opportunities, evaluate, appropriately document, and report on new investment opportunities to meet deal flow objectives. Participate on first calls with entrepreneurs and maintain investment pipelines across funds.
• Assist in Rev1 Ventures due diligence processes to evaluate technology, products, business, and financial plans; perform customer and market assessments, competitive analyses, and model capital requirements across the early stage company life cycle. Support project teams that counsel companies and help prepare various analyses, investment memoranda, and conduct research for comparable company/investment data.
• Work with the Rev1 Ventures team to monitor and track progress of investment projects by maintaining the investment process workplan. Assist in the completion of pre-investment committee checklist activities, investor presentation development, and critical review and risk assessment of prospective investments.
• Manage systems to track and organize due diligence files, investment documents, and portfolio company documents.
• Support Rev1 Ventures’ efforts to build relationships with venture funds, strategic investors, angel investors, and other key investment stakeholders.
• Help maintain and manage database of investment banking, venture capital and strategic partner contacts. Assist in outreach to these constituencies.
• Assist in monitoring portfolio company progress and maintain up-to-date records within Rev1’s CRM system, Salesforce.com. Play a role in tracking, following up, and inputting portfolio company information (e.g. financial information, milestones, operating runway, etc.).
• Assist Market Intelligence and Data Analytics team in the maintenance and management of third-party databases (e.g. Pitchbook, Crunchbase, CB Insights), assisting in providing updates for Rev1 Ventures’ investment activities.
• Generate required internal approval forms and documentation necessary for investment related activities, including disbursements of funds, in accordance with Rev1 Ventures program policies and procedures, fund management agreements, and state grant and loan agreements.
• Assist in preparing fund level quarterly and annual reporting and annual meeting preparation for Rev1 Ventures various investment funds and capital call documentation preparation as needed.
• Works closely with Rev1 staff and executive management to function as an advocate for the mission, programs, and clients of Rev1.
What You Bring:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, sciences, engineering, or a related field.
• Experience: 1 to 3 years of relevant private early stage investment and/or combination of venture development, technology commercialization, corporate development, M&A, and/or investment management experience.
• Analytical Know-How: Excellent technical financial and analytical skills. Broad business and investment knowledge, and can understand and interpret financial statements. Solid command of Excel and practical experience with businesses’ financial / accounting functions.
• Project Management: Detail-oriented; able to manage competing priorities across a variety of tasks, timelines, and stakeholders. Strong work ethic.
• Strong Communication: Highly professional at all times with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Business Judgment: Ability to make well-reasoned conclusions and recommendations regarding new investment opportunities, and relative to specific transaction execution and portfolio management situations.
• Data Management: Rev1 is a data-driven organization, and overall team success requires individual responsibility to identify, document, and report consistently and accurately on objectives and outcomes.
• Team-Oriented: Comfortable working in cross-functional teams and able to collaborate with diverse professionals, including university researchers, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, angel investors, strategic vendors, and the Rev1 marketing and venture acceleration teams and other staff. Ability to function effectively in a matrix management setting.
• Sector Knowledge: Industry knowledge and expertise across information technology, life sciences, and other technology sectors is a plus.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive compensation package comprising base salary plus performance-based variable compensation.
- A hybrid, collaborative work environment
- Flexible paid time off policy
- 401(k) with matching
- Health, dental, vision benefits
- Schedule: Full-time
- Location: Rev1 Ventures - Columbus, Ohio
APPLY: Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rev1 is an Inclusive, Equal Opportunity Employer We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment based on an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We value diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business: the startups we support, our partners, our programs, and our team.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and able to work 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday – Friday with some night and weekend availability to attend related meetings and networking events. Rev1 is committed to providing and maintaining a workplace that is safe and free from health hazards; therefore, COVID-19 Vaccinations are mandatory and a condition of employment at Rev 1 Ventures. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.