Prevedere is looking for a high energy and technically capable Senior Economist to work with our key customers and prospects on delivering econometric insights through our predictive analytics platform. The Senior Economist plays two primary roles:
- Serve as the company’s Subject Matter Expert related to economic trends and modeling techniques; deliver expert insight and guidance to customers, prospects, partners, analysts, co-workers, and industry groups
- Lead the delivery of Prevedere models, forecasts, and insights for customers via in person presentations and online meetings
Prevedere is an industry insights and predictive analytics company helping business leaders make better decisions by providing a real-time view of their company’s future
While most companies can easily report on internal performance, Prevedere’s external real-time insights engine constantly monitors the world’s activity, identifying future threats or opportunities to business performance. Along with a team of industry experts, data scientist, and economists, Prevedere helps business leaders make the right decisions in an ever-changing world.
Prevedere is a fast-growing company backed by top Silicon Valley Investors and Microsoft Ventures.
Named a 2017 Red Herring North America Top 100 Company and the Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year by the 2016 American Business Awards, Prevedere works with over 40 top global companies.
What you will do
- Act as thought leader and subject matter expert during all phases of a customer engagement, from initial discussions through project delivery and expansion of the Prevedere footprint
- Heavily use time series regression combined with other forecasting methods to assist customers in improving forecast accuracy and delivering business insights
- Produce executive read-outs, dashboards, and graphs to communicate the insights and outcomes to business leaders and executives
- Work with sales, customer success, and other members of the Prevedere team to ensure the customer maximizes the value of the Prevedere software
- Strategically formulate new and creative ideas with the product and development teams
- Represent Prevedere by speaking at conferences and conducting workshops
- Assist and/or prepare case studies, articles, blog posts, and white papers
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics. Master’s degree preferred and/or MBA
- 5+ years of experience with development of predictive econometric models utilizing approaches such as regression and traditional univariate forecasting techniques, as well as more advanced techniques
- 5+ years of consulting and advising business leaders and executives in Fortune 500 organizations
- Expert in economic modeling, forecasting, and analysis by leveraging economic data sources such as US Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics, and Federal Reserve
- Passionate about helping companies realize the potential of economic insights at a macro and microeconomic level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate with business leaders and technical resources to achieve company results
- Must be highly organized and creative with accomplished time and project management skills; ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced start-up environment
- R, Python and VBA programming skills are preferred
What you will get
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation possible
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status. We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.