Join us as we re-imagine and rebuild the clinical research model and its integration into the clinical care model: it’s time for a new PARADIGM in healthcare and drug development.
We envision a world where clinical trials become an accessible care option for all patients, fully integrated into the standard clinical care continuum, at scale. We are building a tech-enabled ecosystem to tackle inefficiencies in the current clinical research model. In today’s model, the vast majority of patients in the community are never offered access to clinical trial participation as a care option for their disease. Patients with privileged social and economic backgrounds have disproportional access to clinical trials, perpetuating existing systemic inequities in healthcare.
Our goal, via the deployment of our end-to-end technology platform embedded in the provider workflow, is to minimize barriers to clinical trial access and create efficiency at scale across the community healthcare ecosystem. In accomplishing this, patients will be given equitable access to clinical trials as a standard care option, regardless of their race, gender, socioeconomic status or insurance coverage, which will accelerate trials for sponsors and alleviate the labor burden for providers.
You are someone who is proud of your diverse background, clinical expertise, and perspectives. You’re ready to use your experience to help us reimagine the clinical research model and its integration into the overall patient care delivery model. You will work with experts in the fields of healthcare, clinical trial operations, product development, software engineering & data science, and drug development.
Join us and bring your expertise, passion, creativity, and drive as we work together to increase access for all patients, no matter the location, creating an impactful difference in healthcare globally.
The Contracts Associate at Paradigm will be an integral part of the Legal Team, reporting directly to the Executive Director, Corporate Counsel. This role is designed for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative environment and is comfortable with the variability that comes with a startup in the healthcare industry.
What you’ll do:
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide range of contracts, including but not limited to NDAs, service agreements, and partnership deals.
- Understand and interpret legal provisions related to patient data and confidentiality, ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with various departments to facilitate contract negotiations and execution.
- Manage contract lifecycle, including initiation, negotiation, execution, and renewal.
- Provide support to the legal team in managing a portfolio of contracts and legal documents.
- Assist in the development of contract management tools, templates, and processes.
- Ensure that contracts are in line with company policies and risk tolerances.
- Educate and advise internal stakeholders on contract terms and legal implications.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in any field; preference is given to candidates with a background in a healthcare setting, CRO world, or those comfortable with medical and scientific terminology.
- At least 3 years of experience in contract management or a legal support role.
- Familiarity with legal provisions related to patient data, with a bonus for knowledge of PHI (Protected Health Information).
- Strong understanding of contract law and its application in a business context.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
At Paradigm, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the contributions of every employee, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on any of the aforementioned factors. We encourage and welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply for our open positions. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and to ensure that all employment decisions are based on job-related factors such as skills, experience, and qualifications.