Mastery Portfolio is an educational technology and consulting company founded by teachers and devoted to catalyzing the revolution from traditional grading and assessment to a more innovative and feedback-driven mastery-based system, supported by researched best practices. Our mission is manifested in the development of web apps for grading and communication between teachers, students and parents, and in building communities of users who revolutionize grading and reporting to match a 21st-century educational vision. We also provide team-based professional development experiences to help schools along the path of innovation and implementation. We are looking for a mission-driven, dynamic, passionate, and empathetic Marketing Intern to join our team and bring the vision and tools that Mastery Portfolio builds to schools that need them. Competitive candidates will demonstrate their ability to quickly learn and implement effective language that tells the story of Mastery Portfolio as well as listen deeply to the needs of individual schools and design messaging that is responsive to those needs.
Marketing Intern Responsibilities (max 10 hours/week)
● Monitoring and managing the company’s social media platforms, blog and website (LinkedIn, FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram) adjusting outreach tactics as needed, and creating all new posts
● Making updates to the company’s WordPress website
● Collecting and analyzing data to identify market trends
● Perform market analysis and research on competition
● Creating graphic representations of data and translating research into easily readable content for stakeholders and other departments
● Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
● Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
● Prepare promotional materials (digital graphics, videos, slide decks etc)
● Help distribute marketing materials and execute our marketing strategy
● Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM - we use ActiveCampaign)
● Help organize marketing events
● Provide budgets for and place orders or make pickups as needed for marketing collateral/materials
Work Hours and Benefits
The Marketing Intern position comes with a high level of flexibility due to our status as a remote company with members spanning 13 time zones. We believe employee autonomy motivates individuals to achieve challenging and ambitious goals. Furthermore, we strive to establish effective lines of communication among our teammates to ensure everyone can benefit from a healthy work-life balance by choosing their own hours and schedule. This is an hourly position with the capacity to become full-time if the intern decides to apply for employee status with the company upon completion of the internship. Employees enjoy leadership advancement and performance-based raise opportunities.
● Ability to work from home and set own schedule, priorities, and work autonomously
● Part-time availability
● Comfort with and a following on established social media networks a plus
● Proficiency or willingness to quickly learn Zoom, Google suite, and Wordpress
● Clear, concise, inspiring, and specific in spoken and written communications
● Experience implementing or at least strong belief in a standards-based grading
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Empathetic listening skills and demonstrated cultural competency
● Knowledge of marketing strategies, including continuing education of new marketing tactics and tools
● Ability to translate complex research into common language
● Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
● Aptitude with various social media platforms as well as the data tracking tools associated with them
● Familiarity with consumer psychology and buying habits
Education and Experience
While we seek an experienced marketing intern, we have no minimum requirements for education or work experience. Ultimately, we believe the right person is more important than the most impressive resume. A passion about our mission and an ability to analyze problems and solve them creatively simply can’t be taught through on-the-job training; these are the characteristics we value most. Mastery Portfolio is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your current resume and a cover letter describing why you are a good fit for this opportunity and something about your experience with education, either as a student, parent, or teacher, to Starr@masteryportfolio.com.
Kindly format your attachments as follows: “Marketing Intern, Last, First - Resume" and “Marketing Intern, Last, First - Cover letter." For more information about our work and mission, please refer to our blog and informational pages at masteryportfolio.com