Junior Software Developer
Mastery Portfolio, LLC is an EdTech StartUp that builds technology to address the shortage of effective tools aligned with mastery-based education (standards-based grading, competency-based education, etc). Our technology both empowers students to take an active role in the learning process and meets the demands of teachers on the ground in the highly-complex human field that is education. The company seeks a software developer. The software developer has an opportunity to be a part of a quickly growing company and will be able to see their concrete contribution to the vision come to life. We seek someone who espouses the values and will uphold the culture of our team. We are a fully remote company with members throughout the US and even abroad. We accept applicants regardless of geographic location.
-Diversity of thought, experience, and background
-Family and work-life balance
-Autonomy for individuals and consensus for team
-Clear, concise, honest, and frequent communication
-A “Get-it-Done” attitude, but not at the expense of others or of quality
-Creativity and an ability to think outside the box
-Development of the leadership capacity of self and others
-An ability to listen for understanding and with an open mind
This role will require certain demonstrable baseline skills, while others can be learned on the job. Our software product is using the Angular framework for its frontend and Google Firebase for all backend solutions.
Our next team member must have:
● Extensive knowledge of the Angular framework.
● Experience working with NoSQL databases and fluency discussing and solving problems within such an architecture.
● Work samples reflecting a practice of writing clearly organized and commented code
● An ability to set realistic goals and deadlines and communicate honestly when things come up
● A willingness to learn
Additionally, the following skills are desirable, but not required:
● Knowledge of Google’s Firebase platform
● An understanding of the education system: specifically how assessment is shifting from a focus on averages to standards- or mastery-based assessment
Please submit a cover letter and resume that addresses your fit with our team and mission as well as your qualifications to email@example.com.