Graphic Design and Video Editing Intern
Mastery Portfolio is an educational technology and consulting company founded by teachers and devoted to catalyzing the revolution from traditional grading and assessment to a more equitable and feedback-driven system. Mastery based and supported by research and the current trajectory of pedagogy, our mission is to inspire creativity by revolutionizing the feedback and assessment loop. Our work is manifested in the development of web apps for grading and communication between teachers, students, and parents, and in building communities of users who revolutionize grading and reporting to match a 21st-century educational vision. We also provide team-based professional development experiences to help schools along the path of innovation and implementation through print and video materials. We are looking for a mission-driven, dynamic, passionate, and empathetic graphic design and video editing intern to join our team to assist in content creation for our Professional Learning Library. Competitive candidates will demonstrate their ability to quickly learn and implement effective language that tells the story of Mastery Portfolio as well as listen deeply to the needs of individual schools and design print and video materials that are responsive to those needs in a timely fashion. All media created while employed in this position is the exclusive property of Mastery Portfolio.
Qualified Candidates Possess:
- Ability to work autonomously, meaning to set one’s own schedule and meet deadlines without needing a high level of accountability or management. In other words, intrinsically motivated and highly organized and efficient.
- Strong listening and empathy skills
- Eagerness to be on a team
- Love of learning and flexibility to figure out and develop new skills if asked to
- Demonstrated experience in design and use of video and graphic editing software
- Fluency in Google suite and zoom
- Professionalism is communication, timeliness, comportment, among other areas
- Passion for improving education in a way that centers students and respects teachers as professionals and experts in their craft.
Graphic Design and Video Editing Intern Responsibilities (15-25 hours/week)
- Collaborate with COO to edit videos that have been recorded by the School Success Team, sometime rerecording voice from a script that may be provided.
- Edit sound and images, adding labels, captions, and other features to recorded video footage
- Cut and snip from multiple recordings into one recording as needed to fulfill the goals or a particular video.
- Closed captioning videos
- Developing branded handouts, worksheets, and other print resources that are downloadable from Google Suite.
- Updating our website using WordPress from time to time
- Creating 10-second trailers for professional learning videos.
- Other tasks that are both directed and not directed and would require taking initiative and having and applying creative vision.
Work Hours and Benefits
Flexibility is a huge advantage in this position, and we work to ensure everyone can benefit from a healthy work-life balance by choosing their own hours and schedule. Salary and benefits are negotiable and commensurate with experience. Continued employment beyond the scope of the internment will be considered based on performance. Once fully employed, performance-based raises are available pending employee review. Reviews are not annual but rather as frequently or infrequently as the supervisor and employee decide upon in order to make sure that the employee has sufficient feedback to grow and is adequately compensated for their work.
Please send your current resume and a cover letter describing why you are a good fit for this opportunity and something about your experience with education, either as a student, parent, or teacher, to email@example.com.
Kindly format your attachments as follows: “Graphic Design and Video Editing Intern, Last, First - Resume" and “Graphic Design and Video Editing Intern, Last, First - Cover letter."
For more information about our work and mission, please refer to our blog and informational pages at masteryportfolio.com