Research Operations Intern
HyperPath Solutions brings together a leadership team with over 30 years of digital pathology and biorepository experience to support the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and life sciences communities. The team focuses on designing software platforms, algorithms, cold chain logistics, and digital pathology review services to support clinical trials, biomarker development, and other research projects in multiple diseases.
HyperPath specializes in sample processing and management, image generation, image management, image analysis, pathology review, big data management, robotics, and custom algorithm development.
The HyperPath Solutions Laboratory utilizes multiple ultrafast slide scanners to provide whole slide scanning services along with private cloud infrastructure and a supercomputing environment to generate, manage, and analyze large data sets.
This position will be in-person with an expected 10 - 20 hours/week, hours are flexible according to the student’s schedule.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively handle fragile and rare archival materials
- Perform data entry of descriptive metadata in VIPER (a digital collections content management system)
- Record technical, item, and structural metadata into a software application
- Calibrate and maintain all components of imaging robots and associated applications and hardware on a regular basis
- Validate the quality of images utilizing image analysis algorithms and/or visual inspection
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed in order to meet the goals and objectives of the department
- Enters specimen data into the appropriate laboratory information management system (LIMS)
- Undergraduate Student or Graduate Student pursuing a college degree in biology, biomedical sciences, chemistry, medical technology, engineering, or a related field
- Interest and/or experience in laboratory sciences, medical imaging, and company growth
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Prior lab experience in Biology sciences is preferred
- Skilled in using computers and related software
- Skilled in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing
- Skilled in data analysis and problem-solving
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Interest in working with government contracting and proposal writing is highly desirable
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.