Quantum Engineering Intern
GhostWave is a radar company based in Columbus, Ohio. We have four radar patents exclusively licensed to us from The Ohio State University. GhostWave is currently looking for an Engineering Intern with a broad range of experience to join our engineering team in a highly collaborative and hands-on role that supports the analysis, design, implementation, optimization, and enhancement of GhostWave's unique radar equipment.
Working with GhostWave you will be:
- Collaborating with Lockheed Martin
- Working with radars on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones)
- Allowing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) to fly Beyond Visible Line of Sight without wrecking!
- Work on UAV detection methods
- Supporting a new Quantum Project
GhostWave values are:
- No Jerks
GhostWave is a startup company. Get in on the ground floor with a lot of advancement opportunities as we grow!
- Recognized as a Top 3 Startup at the 2017 LA Auto Show
- awarded Oho Developments Technology Validation Start Up Fund Grant and
- awarded a $1.3M contract from Ohio Federal Research Network (OFRN) in 2018
- awarded a $1.25M contract from OFRN in 2019
- an Army xTechSearch Finalist
Ideal Candidate Must have strong organizational practices and attention to detail, be able to work in a small team environment, and be passionate about meeting deadlines. The perfect candidate is comfortable in unstructured environments, is not afraid to take initiative, and can keep track of various work streams simultaneously. This position is ideally suited for the candidate who thrives in a small team environment with a "everybody gets their hands dirty" start-up culture.
Essential Functions Position Summary: The position is based at GhostWave’s office in Hilliard, Ohio. Remote work is permitted. Time will be split between GhostWave’s RF Noise Radar development, Quantum contract support and writing Technical papers. The position is for up to 18 months. Responsibilities include experiment design, documentation, MatLab development, proof of concept demonstration & metrics management. This position is a hands-on activity requiring a creative, self-motivated, initiative taking person.
- Coordinate work in the queue(s), with flexibility towards sudden priority changes. Ability to work independently under little guidance while multitasking
- Develops and documents operational procedures, process optimization approaches, and quality assurance processes and team performance metrics.
- Observe work assignments performed by others and actively participate in hands-on projects and/or special assignments
- Use engineering skills to conduct analysis and modeling, engage in product design, develop and execute testing procedures, and participate in facilities engineering work.
- Maintain communication with program coach/mentor (if assigned) to provide feedback on departmental assignments and program improvements.
- Attend related training (if provided) and apply training in work assignments.
- Currently enrolled as a Sophomore or higher in a Bachelor’s or advanced degree program in a related engineering field.
- Basic computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, email, etc.)
- Programming skills in MatlLab
- Adept at working in a lab environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to do occasional overtime as project demands dictate
- Has strong facilitation skills and ability to effectively communicate and present status and actions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs occasionally, and 10 lbs regularly
- Fluent in English (verbally and writing)
- US Citizen
Additional Comments: The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity GhostWave is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. GhostWave is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions. (“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”) If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf