Radio Frequency (RF)/Microwave/Radar Engineer
GhostWave is a radar company based in Columbus, Ohio. We have four radar patents exclusively licensed to us from The Ohio State University. GhostWave is currently looking for a Radio Frequency (RF)/Microwave/Radar Engineer with a broad range of experience to join our engineering team in a highly collaborative and hands-on role that supports the analysis, design, implementation, optimization, and enhancement of GhostWave's unique radar equipment.
Working with GhostWave you will be:
Ø collaborating with Primes like Lockheed Martin
Ø working with radars on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones)
Ø allowing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to fly Beyond Visible Line of Sight without wrecking!
GhostWave values are:
Ø No Jerks
GhostWave is a startup company. Get in on the ground floor with a lot of advancement opportunities as we grow!
Ø recognized as a Top 3 Startup at the 2017 LA Auto Show
Ø awarded Oho Developments Technology Validation Start Up Fund Grant and
Ø awarded a $1.3M contract from Ohio Federal Research Network.
Ø Awarded multiple Department of Defense contracts
Ideal Candidate Must have strong organizational practices and attention to detail, be able to work in a small team environment, and be passionate about meeting deadlines. The perfect candidate is comfortable in unstructured environments, is not afraid to take initiative, and can keep track of various work streams simultaneously. This position is ideally suited for the candidate who thrives in a small team environment with a "everybody gets their hands dirty" start-up culture.
In particular, an understanding of design issues involved with low-power, light-weight and low-cost RF/microwave circuit board design to 30 GHz is desired, and experience to 80 GHz (E-band) is a plus. The individual should be familiar with RF/Microwave test equipment in these bands. The individual will apply knowledge of component-level design for existing circuit debug and new circuit development using &/or designing amplifiers, filters, upconverters, downconverters, VCO and phase-locked (PLL) oscillators and switches. The individual will additionally verify engineering designs through measurement of S-parameters, compression point, switching speed, spurious signals, phase noise and should be familiar with noise figure, intercept point of components and integrated microwave assemblies. Some familiarity with design and testing for 24 GHz ISM band FCC compliance certification is desirable. Additionally, some understanding of radar concepts and radar cross section (RCS) as applied to aerial vehicles from the size of small drones to small aircraft is desired.
The ability to clearly communicate with an engineering team both verbally and via electronic presentations (i.e., PowerPoint) to produce integrated system design solutions is a needed. Additional responsibilities may include technical/feasibility trade off analysis for new products.
• Education: A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related engineering degree is required**. A master’s degree is preferred**.
• Five (5) years of related experience in designing, testing and troubleshooting RF/Microwave sub-systems integrated microwave assemblies and components: working knowledge of electronics including power and RF theory; RF/Microwave parameters & test procedures is desired.
• Design Experience: Experience with microwave circuit board design for high-bandwidth upconverters, mixers, drivers, and power amplifiers at S-, X-, and/or K-band ranges. Experience designing for wide-bandwidth/high data rate applications is a plus, as similar techniques are used in the GhostWave radar is desired.
• Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft Office suite. RF design tool experience and SolidWorks are a plus.
The candidate must be able to clearly communicate to project teams and be a self-starter
What’s in it for you? Benefits of joining GhostWave!
- Stock Options
- Flexible vacation plan
- Startup Culture, casual work environment
- Opportunity to scale and grow quickly
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com.