Senior Business Analyst, Data
COTA offers competitive benefits including: medical/Rx, vision, dental, supplemental insurance, life insurance, employee discounts, employee bus pass; wellness initiatives, on-site cooking classes & chair massages, on-site Health Coaches & Dietitians, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits through OPERS & Ohio Deferred Compensation.
Join the organization that received Outstanding Public Transportation System Achievement Award from the American Public Transit Association in 2018 & 2020!
Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) is central Ohio's public transportation provider, providing nearly 19 million passenger trips per year servicing Franklin County and parts of Delaware, Fairfield, Licking and Union counties. Guided by our 2019-2024 Strategic Plan, our vision is to move every life forward. Our mission is to provide solutions that connect people to prosperity through innovation, dedication and teamwork.
Salary: $75,092 - $83,974
Location: 33 N. High St. Columbus, OH 43215
Benefits: COTA offers competitive benefits including: medical/Rx, vision, dental, supplemental insurance, life insurance, employee discounts, employee bus pass; wellness initiatives, on-site cooking classes & chair massages, on-site Health Coaches & Dietitians, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits through OPERS & Ohio Deferred Compensation.
COTA's Senior Business Analyst will support the design and development of COTA's product roadmap and initial requirements development for projects or planned projects within the Data & Analytics team and in concert with other business units across the organization.
Performs duties in alignment with the 2019 - 2024 COTA Strategic Plan and in support of the organization's vision To Move Every Life Forward.
This Position is Responsible For:
- Leads and/or assists with project scoping and business process reengineering under the general direction of the Senior Director, Data & Analytics Innovation;
- Research and provide recommendations for changes, additional business data processes, and tools to increase efficiency in data delivery and insight generation for the organization;
- Responsible for working directly with the internal business units to identify, define, document, and prioritize requirements of information systems of various size and complexity;
- Acts as a liaison between assigned business units and Data & Analytics, to improve communication and accessibility of the department;
- Acts as Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager to ensure a quality level that meets COTA's requirements;
- Manages the business changes associated with releasing new data and analytic solutions to the business;
- Provides scoping and estimation for new business project requests;
- Collaborates with other business analysts and project team members across the department and on other projects to share knowledge and experience that can be leveraged for cross project purposes or for improvement in the business analysis process in general.
- May be required to be available through a mobile device via voice and/or data during and outside of normal working hours, at the manager's discretion, and must respond within a reasonable timeframe;
- Performs other duties as assigned; and
- Regular, predictable and punctual attendance required.
At Minimum You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information technology, computer science, or related field and zero - four (0-4) years of experience.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification preferred.
COTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are of core importance and essential to the success of the organization. All employment decisions are based on job needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. COTA believes that diverse and inclusive organizations gain the benefits in creating a stronger and more effective workforce resulting in services that better meet the needs of consumers and in result Move Every Life Forward.