Data Science Intern
Ubihere is a start-up company developing IoT hardware and software solutions for uses like asset tracking, environmental sensing and AI-based monitoring of complex operations. We work with governmental and private partners on piloting our products, and are on the verge of launching those products in the commercial marketplace.
Position Overview: We are seeking a talented and motivated data science student intern to join our dynamic team of skilled professionals. As an intern, you will play a pivotal role in designing, developing, testing and deploying algorithms determining the geolocation of tracking tags and filtering noise from environmental sensors.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including hardware design and software application design teams, on the design and production of object tracking systems
- Design testing protocols for the evaluation and debugging of positioning algorithms
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree or Masters degree in statistics, mathematics, data science or related fields, or have a robust portfolio of relevant project experience in the field
- Proficiency with Python or other high-level programming languages, including use of scientific, machine learning or statistical libraries or packages
- Typical soft skills necessary to succeed in team- and deadline-oriented environments
- Experience with machine learning, data analytics and optimization problems, including a portfolio of relevant project work
- Competitive wages
- Opportunity to work on exciting, cutting-edge projects with large governmental and commercial clients in various sectors.
- Opportunity to participate in a rapidly growing start-up with a very high ceiling for growth
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment, fostering creativity, teamwork, and innovation.
- Flexibility in working hours and balancing company work with schoolwork and extracurricular activities
- Access to mentors supporting careers in entrepreneurship and academic research
- Ping pong table with in-house designed ELO ranking application!
To apply, please submit your resume highlighting your relevant experience and why you are interested in joining Ubihere.
Ubihere provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.