Mechanical Engineering Intern
Ubihere is a start-up company developing IoT hardware and software solutions for uses like asset tracking, environmental sensing and AI-based monitoring of complex operations. We work with governmental and private partners on piloting our products, and are on the verge of launching those products in the commercial marketplace.
Position Overview: We are seeking a talented and motivated Mechanical Engineering student intern to join our dynamic team of skilled professionals. As an intern, you will play a pivotal role in designing, developing, and testing and deploying high-quality mounting and enclosure devices for IoT hardware deployed in rugged and unusual environments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including hardware design and software application design teams, on the design and production of ruggedized IoT device solutions
- Design testing protocols for the evaluation and debugging of IoT systems
- Design and print prototypes using 3D printers in our workspace
- Communicate mechanical engineering issues and information with the rest of the team, primarily computer software and hardware engineers
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree or Masters degree in mechanical engineering or related fields, or have a robust portfolio of relevant project experience in the field
- Proficiency with CAD design and 3D printing
- Basic proficiency in a computer programming language and familiarity with data analytics
- Typical soft skills necessary to succeed in team- and deadline-oriented environments
Preferred Qualifications: -Experience with mechanical engineering projects focused on mounting and ruggedizing computer hardware equipment
- Competitive wages
- Opportunity to work on exciting, cutting-edge projects with large governmental and commercial clients in various sectors.
- Opportunity to participate in a rapidly growing start-up with a very high ceiling for growth
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment, fostering creativity, teamwork, and innovation.
- Flexibility in working hours and balancing company work with schoolwork and extracurricular activities
- Access to mentors supporting careers in entrepreneurship and academic research
- Ping pong table with in-house designed ELO ranking application!
To apply, please submit your resume highlighting your relevant experience and why you are interested in joining Ubihere.
Ubihere provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.