Manager, Entrepreneur Inclusion Programs
Rev1 Ventures is an investor startup studio that combines capital and strategic services to help startups scale and corporates innovate. Based in the Midwest, and a top city for scaling startups, Rev1 aligns innovators and founders with corporate and research partners to access customers and markets, helping entrepreneurs build great companies. Rev1 has invested in more than 130 companies and is recognized among the most active seed investors in the U.S. Six core values drive our work: Entrepreneur Focused, Ingrained Inclusion, Integrity, Collaboration, Persistent Curiosity, and Impact Driven.
Rev1 is committed to reducing barriers to starting high-growth businesses experienced by diverse entrepreneurs. Our diversity, equity and inclusion work focuses on three key areas: improving access to startup resources; providing a network of culturally appropriate mentors and peers; and providing grant funding for those who may not have access to traditional friends and family funding. To this end, we have established active partnerships to grow our diverse entrepreneur pipeline, and in 2022 launched our EDA-funded Grow to Scale mentor program as well as the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Grant Fund.
The Entrepreneur Inclusion Program Manager will manage the Grow to Scale Mentor Program and the DEI Grant Fund, as well as provide support to our pipeline-building partnerships. You’ll get connected to dozens of talented, diverse, high-performing professionals while providing support and resources for our clients. Successful team members in this role will achieve hands-on experience in high-impact program management, relationship management, community-building, and event-planning.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Entrepreneur and Inclusion Programs, the successful candidate for this role will be mission-driven, customer-focused, and passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Manage Rev1’s Grow to Scale Mentor Program, expanding the program to match more culturally competent mentors with Rev1 clients, including sourcing and onboarding mentors, building and managing programming and ensuring client success.
· Manage Rev1’s DEI Grant Fund, including communications with applicants and prospective applicants, supporting the review process, and reporting metrics and outcomes to the Rev1 team and funding partners.
· Manage partnerships with regional entrepreneur support organizations to develop and support a pipeline of diverse founders building tech-enabled, high-growth firms.
· Develop new learning and cohort-based networking opportunities for diverse founders addressing barriers specific to women and entrepreneurs of color.
· Manage ongoing feedback and evaluation of entrepreneur inclusion programs and help ensure diverse clients access the full suite of Rev1’s Startup Studio services.
· Contribute to client success through support of key Studio programs, including learning labs, networking events, and other programs as needed.
· Provide regular reporting of program metrics and progress to the leadership team.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or other relevant field
· 3+ years’ experience coordinating high-impact programs and/or events, including budget and project management.
· Excellent people skills: you’re a strong communicator who thrives in a customer-facing role, interacting with entrepreneurs, students, partners, and all levels of the organization, exercising a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, poise, tact and diplomacy.
· Comfort and experience with tracking data and reporting on program outcomes.
· Comfort working on a diverse team: we believe that gender, racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity are key elements in startup success, and we foster this belief on our own team as well.
· An entrepreneurial mindset with the willingness to roll up your sleeves, learn new things and contribute where and when needed.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
· Experience and connections into the Columbus region’s entrepreneur and innovation ecosystem.
· Competitive compensation package comprising a base salary plus performance-based bonus
· Collaborative work environment
· Access to the hottest tech startups and trends
· Generous paid time off
· 401(k) matching
· Health, dental, vision benefits
Location: Rev1 Ventures - Columbus, Ohio
Rev1 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment based on an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We value diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business: the startups we support, our partners, our programs, and our team. We work hard to source a diverse pipeline of candidates for every role. We know that talented people often come from a variety educational backgrounds, experiences, and connections that typically aren’t found in our industry. We cut through that. We want to know who you are, what you can do, and what you can become regardless of what your resume might say. We look forward to connecting with you about this role.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and able to work 8am-5pm Monday – Friday with some night and weekend availability to attend related events. COVID-19 Vaccinations are mandatory and are a condition of employment at Rev 1 Ventures. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.