Investment team reporting to Managing Director.
Rev1 Ventures is a Columbus-based investment firm focusing on seed and early-stage investments across the Midwest. With $130mm of capital under management, we look to invest broadly across vertical enterprise software and life sciences. We have invested in great growth stories such as Matterport (NASDAQ: MTTR), Myonexus (Acq: Sarepta), Updox (Acq: EverCommerce), T-Pro Solutions (Acq: Blacksmith Applications), Able Software (Acq: Bullhorn), Oris Intelligence (Acq: PriceSpider), and Celenex (Acq: Amicus).
You will become one of the most connected individuals in the Midwest startup scene, meeting hundreds of entrepreneurs and investors to source deal flow. You will attend pitch events and hackathons, take coffee meetings, and become a great connector in the city of Columbus.
Successful team members in this role will have the skillset needed to pursue multiple opportunities, including being promoted to an Associate at Rev1, joining a high-growth startup, starting their own company, or continuing a venture career at another fund.
What You’ll Do:
• Source, schedule, and lead meetings with prospective startups. Summarize call notes and manage investment pipelines in our CRM.
• Build market maps in Rev1’s thesis areas to discover relevant startups.
• Build great deal-flow sharing relationships with peers at other venture capital firms.
• Support project teams in screening investment opportunities and making recommendations regarding fit (or lack thereof) with our investment funds, complete due diligence, comparable company analyses, cap table modeling, budget and financial plan review and analysis, and assist in the preparation of investment memoranda and other internal analyses as part of our investment process.
• Assist in preparation of materials for quarterly reporting, annual reporting, annual meeting, and other investor presentations and materials.
What You’ll Bring:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, sciences, engineering, or a related field.
• 1 year of experience in relevant fields including venture capital, startups, private equity, consulting, or corporate finance.
• Comfort in building new relationships and networking in the community.
• Understanding of financial statements and projections. Ability to understand the translation of business plans and assumptions into financial projections, and test the feasibility of financial projections, unit costs, and capital needs for a startup company.
• Clear, concise writing style and ability to simplify complex ideas into simple narrative.
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive compensation package, including performance-based incentives
• $1,000 annual personal development budget
• Generous paid time off
• 401(k) matching
• Health, dental, and vision benefits
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and able to work 8am-5pm Monday – Friday with some night and weekend availability to attend related events.
As an equal opportunity employer, Rev1 Ventures does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Dionnica Gaston: firstname.lastname@example.org