Social Media Management Intern
The Positivly team is looking for a talented Social media management intern to administer our social media accounts. You will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts, and responding to followers. You will cohesively manage our company image to achieve our marketing goals. You will work closely with our Product Manager and our Executive director on creating and fulfilling a content calendar.
😊 About Positivly
Positivly is a new platform developed for high school students that helps to reduce the access barriers to mental health resources. Rates of anxiety, depression, and suicide have almost doubled in the last ten years, and our schools are in crisis mode in responding to their students' needs. The app fights the barriers created by stigma through shared stories about mental health, and trusted staff at a school curates the content. Positivly also closes the gap between students and professional community resources through a hyper-local directory with vetted professional services.
Positivly is the first spinout of Ascend Innovation's startup studio. Ascend is a technology company that provides data-driven products and consulting services to help organizations solve complex community health problems. Formed by the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association and three major hospital networks (Premier Health, Kettering Health, and Dayton Children's), Ascend is positioned to serve communities to address their most complex health problems, including mental health.
❤️ What We Value
Our team culture is rooted in the values of drive, perseverance, trust, accountability, and community.
- We aspire to be better
- We grow through challenge
- We are open and honest
- We have each other's back
- We are better together
- Competitively Paid
- 🌎 Flexibility to work remotely
🧬 Who You Are
- You are a college student or at least have completed high school
- You are comfortable taking on a big challenge alone and are self-driven
- You are a natural collaborator with strong interpersonal skills
- Show strong written communication skills
- You have strong attention to detail and love to solve problems
- You have excellent time management skills and the ability to accomplish and prioritize work proactively
- You are passionate about mental health and are excited to spend time in high schools addressing the issues with our existing mental health support systems
- You bring a positive approach to life
☀️ As the Social Media Management Intern, on a given day, you will:
- Perform research to identify trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g., original text, photos, videos, and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales, and customer service, to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts' design (e.g., Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications
📍 Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our teammates to find a work mode that is best for them!
- We offer flexible, hybrid, or in-office working arrangements.
- Our primary office is in Dayton, Ohio (EST Timezone), but we also have a presence in Columbus, Ohio.