Grant Writing Intern
The Positivly team is looking for a motivated grant writing intern to help apply for and manage grant aspects of the business. The grant writer intern will be responsible for locating, researching, and applying for potential funding and speaking opportunities for Positivly. This intern will work alongside the Executive director of Positivly, who has a background in mental health and Non-profit management.
😊 About Positivly
Positivly is a new platform developed for high school students that helps to reduce the access barriers to mental health resources. Rates of anxiety, depression, and suicide have almost doubled in the last ten years, and our schools are in crisis mode in responding to their students' needs. The app fights the barriers created by stigma through shared stories about mental health, and trusted staff at a school curates the content. Positivly also closes the gap between students and professional community resources through a hyper-local directory with vetted professional services.
Positivly is the first spinout of Ascend Innovation's startup studio. Ascend is a technology company that provides data-driven products and consulting services to help organizations solve complex community health problems. Formed by the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association and three major hospital networks (Premier Health, Kettering Health, and Dayton Children's), Ascend is positioned to serve communities to address their most complex health problems, including mental health.
❤️ What We Value
Our team culture is rooted in the values of drive, perseverance, trust, accountability, and community.
- We aspire to be better
- We grow through challenge
- We are open and honest
- We have each other's back
- We are better together
- Competitively Paid
- 🌎 Flexibility to work remotely
🧬 Who You Are
- You are a college student or at least have completed high school
- You are comfortable taking on a big challenge alone and are self-driven
- You are a natural collaborator with strong interpersonal skills
- Show strong written communication skills
- You have strong attention to detail and love to solve problems
- You have excellent time management skills and the ability to accomplish and prioritize work proactively
- You are passionate about mental health and are excited to spend time in high schools addressing the issues with our existing mental health support systems
- You bring a positive approach to life
☀️ As the Grant writing Intern, on a given day, you will:
- Research and identify grants, awards, and presentation applications that match the objectives of the organization
- Develop proposals for matching grants
- Oversee preparation of grant proposals, conduct a final review of proposals, and ensure timely submission
- Maintain an accurate record of past and present grant opportunities, deadlines, and proposals
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and donors
- Respond to funder questions and document the impact of grants
📍 Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our teammates to find a work mode that is best for them!
- We offer flexible, hybrid, or in-office working arrangements.
- Our primary office is in Dayton, Ohio (EST Timezone), but we also have a presence in Columbus, Ohio.