Tech Lead, Data Engineering
Join us as we re-imagine and rebuild the clinical research model and its integration into the clinical care model: it’s time for a new PARADIGM in healthcare and drug development.
We envision a world where clinical trials become an accessible care option for all patients, fully integrated into the standard clinical care continuum, at scale. We are building a tech-enabled ecosystem to tackle inefficiencies in the current clinical research model. In today’s model, the vast majority of patients in the community are never offered access to clinical trial participation as a care option for their disease. Patients with privileged social and economic backgrounds have disproportional access to clinical trials, perpetuating existing systemic inequities in healthcare.
Our goal, via the deployment of our end-to-end technology platform embedded in the provider workflow, is to minimize barriers to clinical trial access and create efficiency at scale across the community healthcare ecosystem. In accomplishing this, patients will be given equitable access to clinical trials as a standard care option, regardless of their race, gender, socioeconomic status or insurance coverage, which will accelerate trials for sponsors and alleviate the labor burden for providers.
You are someone who is proud of your diverse background, clinical expertise, and perspectives. You’re ready to use your experience to help us reimagine the clinical research model and its integration into the overall patient care delivery model. You will work with experts in the fields of healthcare, clinical trial operations, product development, software engineering & data science, and drug development.
Join us and bring your expertise, passion, creativity, and drive as we work together to increase access for all patients, no matter the location, creating an impactful difference in healthcare globally.
The data engineering team is building Paradigm’s infrastructure for clinical care data. We ingest data from multiple data sources: Electronic Health Records, Lab providers, Health Information Exchanges (and more). We enrich, harmonize and make it available for multiple consumers and product verticals. As our population, research and health system footprint grows we will scale our architecture to support parallel data processing.
ML & Data Science teams will use data for optimizing and developing new classification models. Data Scientists and Analysts for defining better patient matching heuristics, answering trial & research site feasibility queries, and ultimately surface insights for clinical trial opportunities.
We work with application consumer teams to optimize data for our Clinical Trial Matching workflows (matching patients to potential trials) and Study Conduct (capturing study data once a trial has started).
As an Engineer Manager on the Data team, you’ll partner closely with product and data consumers to improve the breadth, quality and completeness of our data. You will manage a team of Data Engineer ICs. You and your team will own critical system components, designing them for performance, correctness and reliability. You will work on capabilities such as data lineage, data derivation algorithms, parallel processing, automated monitoring and data quality, data warehouse architecture and data modeling.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of Data Engineers, coach and mentor ICs
- Own the roadmap for the team, make prioritization decisions, sync with stakeholders
- Foster alignment within the team, drive implementation
- Partner closely with product managers, data scientists and analysts, and engineering colleagues to distill complex business problems into elegant technical solutions
- Build tools and processes to make data accessible across products and data consumers
- Evolve the maturity of our monitoring systems and processes to improve visibility and failure detection in our infrastructure
- Become a subject matter expert on our different datasets and tooling
- Work with privacy & security to ensure we govern data responsibly
- 20% hands on IC work
Who You Are:
- You have 5-10 years of experience in data engineering, at least 2 years in a leadership position
- You have experience managing long term roadmaps, driving technical projects, prioritizing projects, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and cross-functional team discussions
- You have experience coding in Python or other languages
- System design and data workflow optimization
- Depth of expertise in SQL and data analysis skills
- Experience with ETL orchestration tools like Apache Airflow and Dagster
- Data transformation tools like DBT or Dataform
- Experience with data warehouse systems (such as BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake, etc…)
- Experience designing and implementing systems that are scalable, available, maintainable, and performant
Nice to have, but not required
- Experience in the healthcare data domain
- Experience with Epic Systems
At Paradigm, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the contributions of every employee, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on any of the aforementioned factors. We encourage and welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply for our open positions. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and to ensure that all employment decisions are based on job-related factors such as skills, experience, and qualifications.