Marketing & Social Media Manager
Our company focuses expanding brand awareness and securing our position as a leader in VR entertainment. Our tag line, “What is YOUR reality?” speaks to our dedication to pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the VR/AR space.
Objective Reality Games is looking for a qualified individual to join our marketing team ASAP for a permanent, part-time position. Our small business produces high quality work in the areas of VR/AR software design, gaming, as well as brick-and-mortar VR arcade sales, in the Columbus, Ohio area and seeks to fill the position with someone who can participate in various stages of print and online marketing campaigns. The intern will work closely with our CEO to learn all aspects of our existing marketing activities, including social media, content creation/curation, website design, SEO, video creation, promotion, advertising, etc.
This employee should be prepared to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment in various aspects of marketing.
1. What You Will Learn
· Practical experience with current marketing and advertising techniques
· Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful marketing professionals
· How to create a long-term social media plan and marketing calendar
· Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook and other media accounts
· How to create compelling content that will be shared by influencers
· How to prepare a marketing presentation
· Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
· How to analyze marketing and sales data
· How to use a contact management system
· How to prepare marketing materials
2. Your Responsibilities
· Assist in the creation of signage, circulars, mock-ups, email campaigns, online promotion, etc.
· Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
· Assist with the fulfillment of marketing offers
· Assist with the preparation and delivery of training materials
· Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
· Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
· Prepare detailed promotional and other presentations
· Open and sort mail
· Enter contact information into contact management systems
· Provide support to social media efforts including research, scheduling posts, and designing new social media content ideas
· Help with planning and hosting of marketing events
· Monitor social media for trending topics to utilize on social media channels
· Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
3. Your Qualifications
· Rising Junior or Senior at a 4-year institution preferred
· Pursuing B.S. or B.A. in Marketing, Communications, or similar field
· Excellent written, oral, and communication/presentation skills
· PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is critical
· Extensive knowledge of social media
· Must have a passion for marketing
· Technologically savvy and competent in all aspects of graphic design
4. How to Apply
Please email Colin Rose @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a resume and cover letter.