IT Systems Support Engineer
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
- Primary escalation point for all client hardware and software related needs
- Support client related operational tasks
- New client hardware imaging and deployments
- Application deployments and upgrades
- Windows 10/11 operating system support
- Business productivity and manufacturing application support
- Site level Active Directory object management
- User, group and computer object management
- Support of Office 365 / Exchange Online related tasks
- Support of remote users
- Basic windows user support
- Documenting current practices and policies
- User Education efforts for onsite requirements or general requirements
- Extensive experience working with MS Office & Office 365
- Experience working with Active Directory
- Experience with Help Desk software
- Experience working with client imaging and software deployment products
- Experience working in an IT environment that leverages both external and internal resources.
- Prior experience with the following is a plus:
- Basic understanding of networking technologies
- Experience with InTune/Mobile BYOD administration
- Familiarity with Azure in a hybrid environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Be customer centric and have the interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships with internal and external clients
- Good analytical, organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills with the ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated and be able to work independently
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the capability to work with customers at all levels
- Proven ability to identify process improvement opportunities, develop recommendations and document processes
- Proven ability to work as a team player in a cross-functional team environment
- Exceptional work ethic
- Must be able to follow defined processes and develop processes where lacking
- Must be able to multi-task, as the support environment requires attention across multiple areas
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required by position and assignments
- Conversational Level German and English is required
Required Experience, Education, Skills, Training and Competencies
- A minimum of 3 years hands on experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, IT, IT apprenticeship or related field preferred
- Up to 15% Global Travel
Lifting of PC and IT equipment
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.