Manufacturing Assembler I (Temporary Contractor)
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
The individual in this position will work as part of our Manufacturing Team to assemble and test high technology products. Ensures that assigned assembly functions are conducted in accordance with established policies and procedures and that quality standards are met or exceeded, and that related documentation is accurate and complete. This is an entry level assembly position.
- Perform basic electrical & mechanical assembly following detailed work instructions
- Perform entry level electrical tests including the operation of automated test equipment
- Inspects components & finished product during the assembly process and red tags defective products.
- Operates automated test equipment
- Assists and supports other Assemblers as needed.
- Keeps Line Supervisor informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
- Helps to identify problems and provides suggestions.
- Attends training as required.
- Follows established quality and safety standards.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure and well maintained in accordance to 5-S program.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies
- High school graduate or equivalent
- IPC-A-610 – Module 1 & 2 certification or must be completed during the 1st 90 days of employment
- 0 – 2 years’ experience with electrical and mechanical assembly
- Basic mechanical assembly
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instructions
Compensation and Benefits
- The base pay for this position ranges from $17.00 to $21.00 per hour depending on the geographic market.
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.