Manufacturing Assembler (Temporary Contractor)
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
Position is responsible for the assembly, testing and inspection of a wide variety of electronic products.
Below highlights key responsibilities, but is not all inclusive:
• Assemble varied electronic products, consistently meeting quality standards.
• Perform in-process and final assembly inspections and report potential defects to shift leader or manager.
• Foster a high-performing team environment through daily communication with supervisor and colleagues in all manufacturing areas.
• Work with manufacturing team to meet production schedules, including overtime as required by production needs.
• Provide regular feedback to management regarding potential product and assembly process improvements.
• Comply with all company policies and programs, to include those regarding ethics, conduct, safety, security, ISO, and continuous improvement.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Position is an individual contributor role.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Characteristics:
• High school degree or equivalent preferred.
• 0-1 year experience required, 1+ years preferred.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, to include assembly instruction, is critical to success in the role.
• Ability to communicate verbally with team and management required.
• Strong attention to detail required.
• Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment required.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
• Ability to perform basic and routine repetitive mechanical assembly operations on components and sub-assemblies using fixtures, screwdrivers, etc.
• Stamina to maintain attention to detail for duration of shift.
• Ability to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 55 pounds (assisted).
• Ability to push/pull carts loaded with up to 55 pounds of material.
• Ability to use hands and arms to finger, handle, feel, and reach.
• Ability to use vision to read computer screen and read printed materials.
• Ability to use close vision, color vision, and depth perception for extended periods
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.