Senior Project Manager
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
Business Unit Overview
JADAK, a global leader in designing and manufacturing machine vision, RFID, barcode scanning, and printing solutions, is seeking a highly experienced Senior Project Manager to join our team. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams in the development and implementation of complex engineering projects.
Job Summary and Duties:
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, from inception to completion (encompassing design, build and test), ensuring projects are completed within scope, on-time, and within budget
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product management, sales, and operations to ensure project goals are aligned and timelines are met. Engages with external stakeholders such as customers and vendors in a structured and efficient way
- Responsible for the scope of work. Develop and maintain project plans, timelines, and budgets, tracking progress and ensuring key milestones are met
- Effectively communicate project status, risks, and issues to senior leadership and stakeholders, providing recommendations for course correction when necessary
- Ensure quality of all project documentation such as requirements, design, and test specifications
- Identify and mitigate risks and dependencies throughout the project lifecycle, proactively resolving any issues that arise
- Manage project resources, including staffing and budget allocation, ensuring optimal utilization and allocation
- Foster a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement within the project team
- Significant experience in project management, preferably in a technology or engineering organization.
- Experience managing complex engineering projects involving hardware and software
- Excellent working knowledge of common software tools such as Microsoft Office: MS Project and MS Excel. PWA, Arena and Power BI would be a plus
- Strong leadership skills, with a proven track record of managing cross-functional teams. Excellent communication skills
- Positive, can-do attitude, with strong engagement skills and ability to influence positive outcomes
- Ability to work independently, prioritize competing demands, and adapt to changing requirements
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics or similar disciplines
- PMP certification would be a plus
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vison to read computer screen and read printed materials
- Travel less than 10%
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.