Production Demand Planner
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
Business Unit Overview
This position is part of Novanta’s JADAK business unit. JADAK specializes in customized detection and analysis solutions for a wide range of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) who rely on JADAK to solve complex inspection, tracking, scanning and documenting challenges in the medical and advanced industrial markets. Our extensive team of engineers collaborate with your team to design, manufacture and implement solutions utilizing a broad portfolio of technologies including machine vision, RFID, barcode and color and light measurement technologies.
The Production Demand Planner will be responsible for ensuring that our Machine Vision (MV) and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) product lines meet customer demand requirements on time, and for building operational efficiencies within these two verticals. This individual will also be responsible for forecasting and anticipating future demand based on demand patterns, Sales & Marketing intelligence, as well as industry trends while working with the Supply Chain Management team to analyze and manage inventory levels in order to reduce overall product lead time. This individual will be expected to build reports and presentations and communicate and explain clearly to both cross-functional peers and executive level leaders. This individual will also be expected to establish enhanced focus for our MV and RFID product lines that promotes sustainable and scalable growth.
- Integrate MV and RFID into standard order fulfillment processes that aligns with the rest of the business.
- Identify improvement plan for on-time delivery and execute.
- Manage supply commitments and advise on capacity/procurement/productivity gaps.
- Problem solve for Production/Service/NPI gaps through risk assessments and mitigation activities.
- Implement lead time reduction roadmap.
- Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns.
- Mechanize inventory control parameters for forecast related items.
- Monitor supply/demand and communicate clearly and proactively to S&M team to avoid customer escalations.
- Analyze data and create reports/presentations for visibility to management team.
- Maintain compliance with the quality, occupational safety and environmental regulations.
- Implement the instructions of the quality / environmental management representative and the occupational safety specialist.
Required Experience, Education, Skills, Training and Competencies
- BS/BA degree in Supply Chain or Business Management.
- 3+ years relevant experience preferred with strong Supply Chain Management or Business background.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Oracle strongly desired.
- Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced unstructured environment with minimal supervision.
- Proactive problem preventing and problem-solving mentality.
- Less than 10%
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vision to read computer screen and read printed materials.
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.