Test Technician IV
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
This position is part of Novanta’s ATI Industrial Automation business unit. ATI is the world’s leading developer of robotic end of arm technologies. ATI end-effectors enhance productivity and flexibility of robotic and automated solutions across a wide spectrum of industries through capabilities such as automatic tool changing, force-torque sensing, material removal, and more. Since 1989, their commitment to engineering excellence, superior quality, and customer-focused support drives them to innovate and continuously improve the most reliable automated solutions available.
The Senior Test Technician, Level 4, is responsible for conducting advanced testing and calibration of force/torque sensor systems. This role requires strong electro-mechanical knowledge, practical experience with calibrated equipment, and expertise in operating and interpreting robotic software.
- Oversee testing and calibration of force/torque sensor systems, ensuring adherence to established procedures.
- Use advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve complex calibration issues, interfacing with the engineering team as required.
- Expertly operate robotic software, understanding implications of warning/error messages and responding accordingly.
- Display leadership by guiding, mentoring, and instructing junior technicians.
- Ensure strict compliance with quality, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Maintain, clean, and troubleshoot production machines and equipment to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Advocate for and implement continuous improvement processes, leveraging Lean principles.
- Maintain compliance with the quality, occupational safety and environmental regulations.
- Implement the instructions of the quality / environmental management representative and the occupational safety specialist.
Required Experience, Education, Skills, Training and Competencies
- An associate degree in engineering technology, electronics, or a related field, or equivalent post-secondary education is preferred, aligning with industry standards for senior-level technical roles.
- Proven electro-mechanical assembly skills and advanced troubleshooting experience.
- Hands-on experience with calibrated equipment.
- Capacity to lift, twist and bend with weights up to 35 lbs.
- Strong ability to interpret technical documentation, including assembly drawings and work instructions.
- Proficiency in various computer skills including but not limited to Windows navigation, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, ERP system navigation, and custom test software.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a commitment to continuous process improvement.
- Proficiency in English communication, both written and verbal.
- Apply Lean principles for daily continuous improvements.
- Read and communicate in English.
- Travel is not required.
- Ability to lift 50 pound weights.
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.