Final Test Technician
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
This job is responsible for assembles small mechanical/electronic structures to extremely tight tolerances.
- Assembles small mechanical/electronic structures to extremely tight tolerances.
- Performs various mechanical/electronic assembly and operational tasks with mechanical/electronic components or subassemblies according to drawings, directives and/or company policies and procedures.
- Use schematics, blueprints, wiring lists, verbal and written instructions to assemble, modify, rework and/or test mechanical assemblies.
- Resolves and/or reports assembly problems accordingly to establish company procedures.
- May be required to fill out and submit Non Conformance Reports (NCR’s).
- Maintains clean and safe working environment.
- Contributes to team effort and other tasks as needed.
- Maintain compliance with the quality, occupational safety and environmental regulations.
- Implementation of the instructions of the quality / environmental management representative and the occupational safety specialist.
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies
- Associate degree in Electronics or equivalent practical experience built upon High School level technical subjects.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Experience assembling small mechanical/electronic structures to extremely tight tolerances.
- Prior ESD knowledge and understanding.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail are a must.
- Attention to quality & workmanship
- Ability to use small hand tools.
- Mechanical abilities and a high level of precision.
- Skill with precision measuring equipment and a wide variety of hand tools.
- Good mechanical and soldering skills where and if needed.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Standing and Sitting while performing duties and tasks.
Compensation and Benefits
- The base pay for this position ranges from $19.00 per hour up to $23.00 per hour depending on the geographic market.
- Novanta supports all aspects of your life’s needs. This position provides a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits to make your quality of life better
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.