Global Supply Chain Manager
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
Global Supply Chain Manager
Stockport – Hybrid (preferred location)
We are seeking a Global Supply Chain Manager to join the Laser Quantum business unit of Novanta.
This role is responsible for Global Supply Chain development and management; parts sourcing and procurement; inventory management; day-to-day team management; functional KPIs (analysis and reporting); planning and material productivity.
What do we offer?
- A competitive base salary reviewed annually.
- Annual Bonus
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Annual leave - 23 days + bank holidays, rising to 26 days with service.
- Death in service scheme.
- Enhanced company pension scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Volunteering Days.
- An innovative, people focused culture.
Travel is expected in this role, both within the UK and internationally. Travel expectations: up to 25%.
The key responsibilities for this role of Global Supply Chain Manager include;
- Leading a team consisting of Buyers, Assistant Buyers, and inventory colleagues and being responsible for annual spend across various commodities including Optics, Electronics, Metalwork and Power supplies utilising a Global supply-base whilst striving for lowest Cost and highest Quality.
- Understanding the business sourcing needs and to manage and develop the supply chain to provide greater flexibility, whilst minimising Inventory, utilising tools such as VMI, Kanban, and supply agreements where appropriate.
- Establishing comprehensive sourcing, purchasing, and inventory control processes ensuring these are adhered to.
- Identification and delivery of productivity savings in terms of both PPI, and PPV and driving and delivering against a risk assessed funnel of improvements.
- Supplier Management: Measuring and developing Supplier performance, New Supplier selection and approval, Supplier relationship management, Vendor Rating and Supplier Improvement and de-selection.
- Collating, analysing and reporting performance of the Purchasing function (KPI-driven) both at Business Unit and Corporate level.
- Actively contributing to the business management team on company-wide challenges and issues.
As an ideal candidate for this role of Global Supply Chain Manager, you will be:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- CIPS qualified.
- Experienced in a similar role for high growth technology or engineering company.
- A strategic thinker with experience in developing and growing a procurement function.
- Experienced in managing supply chains and businesses working in high-technology products; typically sourcing low-medium volume and high specification or complexity.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to influence, drive change and deliver process improvements.
- Excellent communication skills, including listening and interfacing skills with senior management, suppliers and the ability to provide guidance and mentoring to colleagues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under frequent changing priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Thorough attention to detail.
Laser Quantum is a world-class manufacturer of high quality solid-state and ultrafast laser sources. Our products are known for their reliability, compactness, performance-excellence and long operational lifetimes. You will find our products, with their patented technology, in laboratories and integrated into systems and machines worldwide, for numerous applications. Meeting the needs of each application is essential in the research and design to achieve exceptional lasers.
As an inclusive employer, Novanta wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform your Talent Acquisition Partner of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.