Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
HR Manager, Taunton
- Are you an experienced HR professional, looking for a new challenge?
- Do you enjoy working as a trusted business partner across a dynamic environment?
- Would you like to work for a truly innovative business, doing work that matters?
...if so, this role could be just for you!
We are seeking a Human Resources (HR) Manager to join us at our Taunton Centre of Excellence.
This job is responsible for the day-to-day running of the HR function for both Taunton and Poole.
What do we offer?
- A competitive base salary reviewed annually.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Annual leave - 25 days + bank holidays.
- Death in service scheme.
- Enhanced company pension scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Volunteering Days.
- Reviewing and following a suite of best practice HR policies.
- Designing and supporting UK best practice procedures and systems with UK team.
- Supporting with recruitment activities, in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition function.
- Coaching and driving Novanta performance management procedures.
- Coaching line managers in areas of people management and leadership.
- Leading employee relations issues and supporting managers in process.
- Managing internal communications to uplift employee engagement.
- Attract the right candidates and ensure Talent pools are explored.
- Engage and retain talented staff, ensure performance is reviewed.
- Provide management information at regular intervals.
- Participation with local management team activities and contribute to Leadership initiatives.
Skills and Experience:
As an ideal candidate for this role, you should have:
- Previous experience in an HR Senior Generalist role.
- A proven track record of implementing best practice HR solutions.
- Previous high tech industry experience (desirable).
- CIPD membership or equivalent experience.
- PC literate; MS Office suite.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills.
- Assertiveness and confidence.
- The ability to share knowledge and experience to develop others.
- Good organisational skills.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Occasional UK travel may be required.
As an inclusive employer, Novanta wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform your Talent Acquisition Partner of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.