Senior Manager, Tax Accounting
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our tax team as an experienced Senior Manager – Tax Accounting. The Senior Manager – Tax Accounting will have in depth knowledge of US income tax computations and tax accounting under ASC 740. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the company’s US income tax provision and preparing our worldwide consolidation in OneSource Tax Provision. We are looking for a team player that can teach and mentor other tax professionals in the group,
The Senior Manager – Tax Accounting will be responsible for:
- Managing the Company's US quarterly and annual income tax provision under ASC 740 along with preparation of our worldwide consolidation utilizing OneSource Tax Provision. They will assist in the preparation of tax-related financial reporting disclosures and ensure compliance with internal control policies to maintain SOX compliance. The right individual would have a detailed working knowledge of complex income tax accounting concepts, including interim reporting, deferred taxes, uncertain tax positions, valuation allowances and unremitted foreign earnings. The candidate will support and/or prepare complex income tax. computations including FDII, Foreign Source Income analysis and Pillar Two reporting.
- Monitoring tax legislation and changes in tax laws to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. They will research, assess and document federal and state tax issues. Provide guidance on proposed and enacted tax legislation, keep abreast of tax law changes to manage risk, identify potential planning opportunities, and support corporate tax related initiatives.
- Managing relationships with external tax advisors and auditors to ensure timely and efficient completion of tax-related projects. Liaison with accounting, financial planning, and other company functions acting as a partner to departmental and company leadership on critical tax considerations.
- Understanding and driving improvements to existing procedures with a particular focus on improving global income tax reporting.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline. Advanced Degree: Master’s degree in Taxation, or JD/LLM preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: CPA a plus
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressive tax accounting experience in a large corporate tax department.
- Experience in a public accounting firm a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with One Source Tax Provision software is advantageous.
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.