Quality Engineer, Operations
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
This position is part of Novanta's Minimally Invasive Surgery Group. This position will be responsible for the series transfer (design transfer / design steering process).
- Support or lead Design Transfer activities (incl. functional model, prototype and pilot series)
- Definition of Process Control Plan
- Support Process FMEA
- Preparation of Master Validation Plan
- Support Process Validation (incl test method validations and measurement system analyses)
- Problem Solving in case of quality problems
- Non Conforming Product Analysis (NCMR / MRB)
- Corrective and Preventive Actions
- Quality Improvement Projects (eg optimization of testing to ensure product quality)
- Creation of work/test instructions (incl. incoming inspection)
- Quality partner for production during series production
- Support the re-qualification of suppliers (e.g. audits)
- Support or lead site inspections, customer audits and audits by notified bodies
Within the scope of series support:
- Execution of departmental tasks for the support of production in series production
- Supervision of production plant inspections
- Support in re-qualification of suppliers (e.g. audits)
- Support in the supervision of customer audits and audits by notified bodies
- Development of test optimizations to ensure product quality
- Initiation and active participation in measures for NGS process optimization
- Active participation in the innovation process
- Strict compliance with quality, occupational safety and environmental regulations and implementation of instructions from quality/environmental management representatives and the occupational safety specialist
Required experience, Education, Skills
- Completed technical and/or physical studies and at least 2 years of professional experience
- Good knowledge in Design Transfer
- Knowledge in quality and statistical methods, validation planning
- Good knowledge of English required, German would be a plus
- Quality-conscious, trustworthy and reliable
- Good communication skills
- Structured and systematic way of working
- Willingness to travel to all locations and business contacts (less than 20 %)
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.