Embedded Electronics and Test Technician
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
As a Embedded Electronics and Test Technician at JADAK, you will work with an innovative team of Computer Vision, Software, and Hardware Engineers on innovative Color and Light Measurement and Embedded Vision systems to meet challenging new product requirements, integrate into unique customer applications, and propose and deliver demonstrations of advanced technology initiatives. In this role you will be given the opportunity to work at the frontier of Light Measurement, Electronics Hardware, and Software technology and apply it in several domains including the critical medical devices and scientific instruments fields.
- Develop and execute test plans for product firmware releases based on requirements.
- Document defects and work with engineers to resolve them.
- Debug electronics and electrical systems.
- Modify circuit boards and electronic assemblies.
- Help drive defect detection back upstream in the development process which will result in a higher quality product being delivered to our customers.
- Participate in the development of automated embedded tests.
- Work closely with the development teams to create and improve quality systems.
- Support the ongoing development of technology / product roadmaps and the execution of those strategies.
- The desired candidate will have a background in testing electronics and embedded systems and 3+ years of experience.
- Experience in developing and executing test plans for embedded systems.
- Experience in debug and modification of circuit boards and electronic systems.
- Strict compliance with the quality, occupational safety and environmental regulations.
- Implementation of the instructions of the quality / environmental management representative and the occupational safety specialist.
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies
- Associates degree (or greater) in a technical discipline.
- EE Tech or CE Tech Preferred
- Experience with testing and debugging electronic hardware
- Software / hardware integration experience
- Experience with soldering equipment, scopes and analyzers
- MS Office Experience, specifically Word and Excel
- The position requires the following skills and abilities:
- Strong communication skills to be able to collaborate and present solutions clearly
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to document test automation techniques for implementation by others
- Willingness to work in a global team of professionals
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vison to read computer screen and read printed materials.
(*) Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.