Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
As an Electrical Technician at JADAK, you will work with a team of Computer Vision, Software, and Hardware Engineers on innovative embedded vision, barcode, and RFID systems to meet challenging new product requirements. In this role you will service, calibrate and debug embedded vision systems. You will work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout, and trouble-shooting functions. Operational testing and fault isolation on systems and equipment is also part of the role. You will also assists in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment using manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute to future offering roadmaps and to make advanced capability proactical for IoT and embedded systems and to grow your own expertise and deliver technology that makes a positive difference in people’s lives.
- Service and Repair of Camera Systems
- Calibration and programming of systems before shipment to customer
- Root cause analysis and failure tracking and documentation
- Electronics and board-level rework of SMT
- Lab instrumentation, test development and execution
- System performance testing and benchmarking
- Test and trouble shoot Analog and High-Speed Digital circuits
- Other hands-on lab work as needed
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in the above.
- AS or BS in Elec Tech
- Excellent Debug and Rework skills
- MS Office / Excel etc
- Familiarity with schematic capture tools including Altium
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
Additional Preferred Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
- LabVIEW desirable
- Altium experience
- C, Python, or other automation coding language
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and electrical laboratory. Able to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vison to read computer screen and read printed materials.
Novanta is a leading global supplier of core technology solutions that give advanced industrial and healthcare OEMs a competitive advantage. We combine deep expertise at the intersection of photonics and motion with a proven ability to solve complex technical challenges. This enables Novanta to engineer core components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance, tailored to our customers' demanding applications. We deliver highly engineered photonics, vision and precision motion solutions to customers around the world. The driving force behind our growth is the team of innovative professionals who share a commitment to innovation and customer success. Novanta's common shares are quoted on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "NOVT".
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.