Senior Manager, Quality
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
- Develops a global vision for the Synrad Quality System which focuses on customers, continuous improvement, growth and profitability. Successfully represents Synrad when addressing key customer quality issues. Ensures effective, timely communication and complete problem resolution.
- Develops and implements a quality organization structure that supports strategic initiatives, organic and inorganic growth.
- Ensures that procedures for process control, process improvement, test and inspection exist and followed.
- Manages and integrates a QMS for multiple manufacturing sites.
- Manages quality control personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- Trains and manages root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect the improvement of product quality.
- Ensures that customers’ product specifications are analyzed to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility.
- Manage the service organization processes to timely reporting and troubleshooting of customer quality issues.
- Oversees calibration and testing programs.
- Ensures that both internal and external quality audits and performed professionally and necessary follow up actions are completed on time.
- Ensures ISO 9001 and 13485 are maintained and achieve ISO certification for acquisitions.
- Educates and trains all employees as to their impact in the quality management system.
- Reviews customer contracts and change requests to ensure the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Drives metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
· This position manages all employees of the Quality Department and is responsible for the talent strategy, performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Required Experience, Education, Skills, Training and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience in QA systems implementation and management, with five (5) years of Quality, or Operations Management experience in a medium-size manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proven track record of leveraging continuous improvement and Kaizen methodologies to deliver business results.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport and be able to travel domestically and internationally, if necessary, up to 40%.
- Sit and Stand while performing job duties.
Compensation and Benefits
- The base pay for this position ranges from $102,000 to $153,000 depending on the geographic market.
- Dependent on the position offered, annual bonusses and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of the compensation package.
- Novanta supports all aspects of your life’s needs. This position provides a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits to make your quality of life better
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.