Key Account Manager
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
- Guides the creation and execution of detailed account action plans to drive share gain and standardization at assigned accounts; taking into account competitive positions, prioritized buying influences, key differentiators, application specific solutions, service/support expectations, etc.
- Acquires new business and maximizes existing business with assigned accounts.
- Cultivates relationships with senior level business contacts (e.g., senior executives, engineers, product managers, etc.).
- Negotiates contracts and product pricing.
- Identifies current and future customer needs (e.g., product/technology roadmaps, demand forecasts, quality assurance processes); communicates and champions them within greater Celera Motion organization.
- Hires and develops a high performance sales team. Manages direct report’s key performance indicators, including but not limited to: sales targets, new business growth and funnel performance/accuracy.
- Drives the development and Daily Management of a robust/accurate sales funnel sufficient to achieve annual top line growth targets.
- Ensures sustainability of Standard Work expectations including, but not limiting to the full utilization of Salesforce.com as the primary tool to manage sales funnel and day-to-day sales activities (including, but not limited to pre-call plans, detailed contact management, quotations, communication/email tracking, project stage management, etc.).
- Conducts monthly Problem Solving Process with direct reports to understand the root cause of gaps in performance and develops countermeasures to drive short-term & long-term improvements.
- Works with Product Management and Marketing organization on go to market strategy, value selling, product line management and voice of customer activities.
- Develops satisfied customers that provide referrals to Celera Motion and can serve as a reference.
- 10+ years B2B selling technical products in direct sales and sales leadership roles with corporate OEM account management experience.
- Proven track record of driving year-over-year sales growth via direct sales to OEMs with consistent overachievement of revenue quota and profitability goals.
- Ability to hire, manage, coach and mentor a sales team.
- Strong technical aptitude with B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related degree.
- Strategic-mindset with the ability to develop and execute a business/sales plan to profitably drive significant revenue growth.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to develop and articulate value proposition to technical, commercial and executive-level decision makers.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, high level of creativity is essential, able to work effectively within a multi-functional and cross-cultural team across organization and functional boundaries.
- Flexibility/Adaptability to handle working in a small, high growth company environment. Ability to build new processes and learn new skills quickly.
- Possess natural emotional intelligence and leadership skills and the desire to develop them further: ability to inspire, and influence, focus, and drive clarity. Be accountable, decisive, aware, confident, empathetic, and optimistic.
- Consistent champion and supporter of a culture of continuous improvement.
- Clever, insightful, inquisitive and able to connect different pieces of information to effectively deliver develop, nurture and close prospects.
- Ability to reason and negotiate complex problems while maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, collaborative, multi-site/matrixed environment.
- Sense of urgency with passion and personal commitment to succeed.
- High moral and business code of conduct.
- Expert using CRM tools. Experience with Salesforce.com is preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and MS Project.
- Experience selling across multiple verticals and applications.
- Professional training in sales and coaching skills.
- M.B.A., M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related degree.
- Experience with motion control, industrial, medical or manufacturing automation products, applications and technology.
Compensation and Benefits
- The base pay for this position ranges from $119,206 to $178,810 annual
depending on the geographic market.
- Dependent on the position offered, annual bonuses and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of the compensation package.
- Novanta supports all aspects of your life’s needs. This position provides a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits to make your quality of life better.
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.