Test & Validation Technician for Medical Devices
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Test and Validation Technician to join our team and help us verify the functional as well as non-functional requirements of our range of pumps and insufflators. As a Test and Validation Technician, you will be responsible for designing, executing, and documenting test and validation activities to ensure that our products meet the required standards and specifications as well as reporting found issues and debug the route cause.
- Develop and maintain test plans, procedures, and protocols for the validation of pumps and insufflators.
- Conduct testing on products, including functional testing, performance testing, and safety testing.
- Use various testing equipment and tools to analyze and interpret test results.
- Collaborate with product design and development teams to ensure that all product designs are fully validated before release.
- Document all test and validation results, including any issues or concerns, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Conduct regular product and process audits to identify any areas for improvement.
- Stay up to date with industry standards and regulations related to pumps and insufflators and ensure that all testing activities adhere to these standards.
- Investigate any customer complaints or issues related to product quality and provide recommendations for corrective action.
- Work with cross-functional teams to support new product development projects and ensure that testing and validation activities are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Technician or Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience in test and validation engineering, with specific experience in medical devices or similar fields is a plus.
- Some knowledge of industry standards and regulations related to pumps and insufflators, including ISO 13485, ISO 14971, and FDA regulations.
- Ability to design and execute complex test plans and protocols and analyze and interpret test results.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to identify and document issues and concerns accurately.
- Familiarity with testing equipment and tools, such as oscilloscopes, pressure gauges, and flow meters.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to investigate and troubleshoot issues related to product quality.
- Experience working in a regulated industry, such as medical devices or aerospace, is highly desirable.
- Fluent in English is a must have requirement, German at least on B1/B2 level
If you have a passion for testing and validation and want to work in a challenging and dynamic environment, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now to join our team as a Test and Validation Technician for Pumps and Insufflators.
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.