Sr. Manufacturing Engineer, Electro-Mechanical Systems
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer for Photo Research product line, reporting to Operations. This position will be responsible for the operational processes and quality required to manufacture and service the Photo Research. This product line consists of spectral based photometric and colorimetric light measurement devices, considered to be the reference standard by users within medical, aeronautical, consumer electronics, and entertainment markets. This is a critical position to oversee and develop operational improvements to ensure all processes and systems are reliable for repeatable product performance. This individual will have a technical background and high learning ability to work with complex electro/mechanical systems. This person needs to be a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit, ability to work with a great team to drive and implement required changes. Dedicated to improving manufacturing processes, tools, equipment, test, and calibration methods to deliver reliable products and services.
- Assess current state, define gaps and opportunities, develop action plans, and execute improvements.
- Lead Photo Research manufacturing and service processes, including but not limited to:
- Defining, implementing, and revising operational policies and guidelines
- Improvement of processes, systems, methods, tools, equipment, and layout
- Develop and oversee robust training programs.
- Lead CAPA resolution with close support from R&D and Quality to drive permanent corrective actions.
- Foster a Continuous Improvement mindset leveraging Novanta Growth System (NGS) throughout the value stream, while maintaining customer focus through all actions and decisions.
- Benchmark processes against industry standards, implement certifications as required.
- Implement visual management on the factory floor for visibility at Gemba to critical metrics.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Characteristics
- Knowledgeable in the following operations functions is desired:
- Electro-Mechanical manufacturing process and operations
- Process variation reduction
- Design for manufacturing
- Product development and validation principles
- Knowledge in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Optics, Physics desired
- Demonstrated experience using the following skills:
- Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement; Six Sigma certification a plus
- Problem Solving
- Experience or demonstrated high learning agility to work with complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Proven ability to work with little direction, self-starter, Detail oriented and accountable.
- Demonstrates ability to work in high pace, changing environment.
- Exhibits ability to facilitate and influence cross-functionally.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Suite including advanced skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics (Electro-Mechanical Engineering) preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience within manufacturing facility required.
- Demonstrated capability in designing, developing, manufacturing of complex Electro-Mechanical systems.
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vision to read computer screen and read printed materials.
- The base pay for this position ranges from $92,100 to $114,848
- Annual bonuses and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of the compensation package
- Novanta supports all aspects of your life's needs. This position provides a full range of medical, financial , and other benefits to make your quality of life better.
Novanta is a leading global supplier of core technology solutions that give advanced industrial and healthcare OEMs a competitive advantage. We combine deep expertise at the intersection of photonics and motion with a proven ability to solve complex technical challenges. This enables Novanta to engineer core components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance, tailored to our customers' demanding applications. We deliver highly engineered photonics, vision, and precision motion solutions to customers around the world. The driving force behind our growth is the team of innovative professionals who share a commitment to innovation and customer success. Novanta's common shares are quoted on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "NOVT".
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.