Senior Director, Infrastructure & Support
Join the organization that received Outstanding Public Transportation System Achievement Award from the American Public Transit Association in 2018 & 2020!
Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) is central Ohio's public transportation provider, providing nearly 19 million passenger trips per year servicing Franklin County and parts of Delaware, Fairfield, Licking and Union counties. Guided by our 2019-2024 Strategic Plan, our vision is to move every life forward. Our mission is to provide solutions that connect people to prosperity through innovation, dedication and teamwork.
Salary: $153,001 - $168,199
Location: 33 N. High St. Columbus, OH 43215
Benefits: COTA offers competitive benefits including: medical/Rx, vision, dental, supplemental insurance, life insurance, employee discounts, employee bus pass; wellness initiatives, on-site cooking classes & chair massages, on-site Health Coaches & Dietitians, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits through OPERS & Ohio Deferred Compensation.
COTA's Sr. Director, Infrastructure and Support performs highly responsible professional and supervisory work overseeing existing technology and implementing new technology solutions throughout the organization. Directs the day-to-day management of Information Technology processes, products, and solutions. Oversees the procurement of all IT-related purchases and infrastructure improvements. Develops, implements, and ensures compliance with operational policies and procedures. Directs all computer operations, network, and telephone capabilities by managing a combination of internal resources as well as external vendors.
Performs duties in alignment with the 2019 - 2024 COTA Strategic Plan and in support of the organization's vision To Move Every Life Forward.
This Position is Responsible For:
- Oversees and responsible for maintaining and supporting all COTA's day of operations and transportation technology This includes all transit and facility technology, Wi-Fi, server environment, database administration, service desk, cybersecurity, fare management technology, yard management and networks.
- Manage service providers/vendors as needed within IT infrastructure. Ensure services levels are met
- Assists the Chief Innovation and Technology Officer in leading overall information technology strategic planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing information technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technology projects.
- Provides direction in the area of information technology at the department and organization levels; formulates and deploys long-term strategic plans for acquiring and implementing -wide efficient and cost-effective information technology solutions that support COTA's strategic objectives;
- Maintains progressive knowledge of technology development in the transit industry; identifies ways to apply new development trends to achieve COTA's vision including the implementation of current technology where applicable;
- Directs and develops the department's short and long term operating and capital programs within approved budgets and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and support corporate-wide strategic objectives. Develops appropriate business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives;
- Provides guidance and leadership in the research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives. Monitors the training, design, and project implementation for all COTA staff and appropriate personnel to ensure maximum use of technology;
- Develops technology policies and initiatives across divisions (and with other governmental entities) to provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers by: identifying operating problems or inefficiencies with interfaces, promoting interdepartmental communication on technology issues, maintaining current software upgrades, recommending and implementing courses of action, and serving as a resource for project champions and project teams;
- Manages ongoing production level support and service team, and coordinating of business application systems, network/telecommunications, and technical services groups to ensure systems and services are operating at maximum efficiency; Ensuring the integrity, integration and stability of production systems.
- Oversees organization-wide maintenance and systems operations, and disaster recovery planning;
At Minimum You'll Need:
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, business administration and eight (8) years of technical operations management, information processing at the management level, including experience in developing strategy and plans for a technology function; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in business or public administration.
- ITIL V3 Foundation, HDI-SCM, A+, Network +, MCP certifications required; and
- PMP, ITIL, AGILE, CISSP, PgMP, and PMI-RMP certifications preferred.
COTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are of core importance and essential to the success of the organization. All employment decisions are based on job needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. COTA believes that diverse and inclusive organizations gain the benefits in creating a stronger and more effective workforce resulting in services that better meet the needs of consumers and in result Move Every Life Forward.